I am Speaking at the Conference
Welcome Speakers for the 2022 ONTARIO Agricultural CONFERENCE!
The ONTARIO Agricultural CONFERENCE (OAgC) is a combined effort of The Southwest Agricultural Conference, Eastern Ontario Crop Conference, Golden Horseshoe and Heartland SCIAs .
The combined team is excited to bring an incredible line up of speakers, presenting over 40 agricultural topics, providing attendees with interactive sessions full of the tremendous knowledge and experiences they have come to expect from all three conferences.
Important Dates for Speakers
|Dec. 8, 2021
||Conference Workbook Summaries
|Jan. 5 & 6, 2022
|Jan 28, 2022
||Speaker Expenses Due
Important Notes for Speakers
- Ensure you have a wired connection - Wi-Fi (wireless) is highly susceptible to video/audio degradation. Plugging an ethernet cable from your modem or router to your laptop or desktop computer will ensure a solid internet connection.
- If you must use wireless - If your modem/router is too far from your computer then make sure of the following:
- Microwave appliances are turned off (they can interfere with Wi-Fi).
- Others in your home are not watching movies or using a lot of bandwidth.
- Consider going to a wired location such as an office or another residence.
- Consider appointing a back-up person who can fill in for you in the event your signal drops and does not come back on.
- Your camera and microphone - A laptop with a built in webcam and microphone should be sufficient in terms of acceptable video and audio quality. However, in some cases, the tiny microphone on your laptop will pick up room noise making it more difficult for people to hear you.
- Laptop users are recommended to use a USB computer clip-on microphone in place of the built-in mic
- Desktop users are recommended to use a USB webcam such as the Logitech C 920 webcam with built-in microphone. *Do not use an iPad or smartphone for your camera.
- Ensure your smartphone is away from computer speakers - Cell phones placed within 3-4 feet of computer speakers can cause static bursts each time you receive a text or someone is calling you. It is recommended to move your phone to the other side of the room or turn your phone off.
- Ensure you are in a quiet room with no distractions, with lighting behind you and be sure to center yourself.
- Microphones and webcams are available for borrowing from OAgC. Please contact Stephanie Hoekstra at email@example.com for details.
For more details on these tips check here.